Sign in to follow this  
brettjsand2000

SAFETY - Whats your opinion?

45 posts in this topic

No i hear ya. Main reason im running front brakes is because of the tracks around me require them. The bike will also see dunes, and i DO like the idea of the added stopping power incase of any oh shit moments.

Our local track that I race at requires front brakes, heel guards, boots, pants, and a long sleeve shirt. It sucks but its that or no racing...

Blair Bedford Dirt Drags in PA (500ft clay track) your local track?  They require all of that...plus you gotta have a rear light...no studs or spikes in your tires...no oxy or alky in anything except top fuel (4strokes anyways).  There are also limits on frame geometry there.

After what happened at the track last year that kid loosing his life... makes them safety rules seem very minor..

100% agree - that was terrible.

I see no reason a bike under say 4.0 shouldnt have more standards like wheelie bar , tether , or a quick tech inspection for all bikes to check 10 or so things like wheel bolts , chain tightness, no fuel/oil leaks , seat in place well , steering stem, tierods , upper/lower shock or strut bolts/nuts.

I remember an accident in Ok. where a guy rode a bike that had no nut on the bottom of the steering stem for half a day then a friend rode it and the stem pulled out at the end of a 75 mph pass and he was seriously injured and broke both arms. One nut missing from bike assembly caused it.