Sign in to follow this  
SlowerThanYou/1700camaro

1/4 Mile Secret Weapon, LOL!

11 posts in this topic

Here's our basically stock (couple add-ons) play Banshee for the desert, dunes & asphalt. We have ran it on asphalt 3 or 4 times. Seeing we have no bad ass 1/4 mile quad at the time. We are going to press into service our old secret weapon Banshee. We plan on running the full points series with it running 1/4 mile. Just for information it runs low 14s.

JustinsBanshee14_zpsb9662f25.jpg

I ran the 1/8 today at a local track, coasted a 11.2 in the 1/4 @56 mph :)

Go ahead & run it out the back door in the 1/4, we would like to see a few more people doing it. There's only a few of us; 9s to low 10s is getting the job done pretty good. Keeping the motor alive is the challenge.

Go ahead & run it out the back door in the 1/4, we would like to see a few more people doing it. There's only a few of us; 9s to low 10s is getting the job done pretty good. Keeping the motor alive is the challenge.

not big on running the 1/4, its cool and all just not for me.. get my kicks in the 1/8 and 300'

Secret weapon goes to the finals in second points race. We had to settle for 2nd place.

Even though we are trying not to go fast. We went 13.64 today @ 88 mph, it's the best ET so far without trying. We only made one change; lowered the base pressure a little. It went faster, but we gave up some reaction time. We will set-up the clutch like the 1st race.

Why are you going back to your old setup? I understand if your main goal is/was not to try and be faster, but since you did, isent that a bonus?

We are bracket racing, it really doesn't matter how fast we are.

Our reactions were terrible this race. We are running on a .400 pro light & set-up is key to good reactions. Our best light this weekend was a .034 & probably averaged around a .050 something. Them lights don't cut it in this class & contributed to our second place this time out.

Now, take our 1st race. Our worst light in eliminations was a .024, followed by a .006, .003 & .001 in the finals for the win.

The only change we made to the quad for the second race.  Was a small change in base pressure in the clutch set-up!

We are bracket racing, it really doesn't matter how fast we are.

Our reactions were terrible this race. We are running on a .400 pro light & set-up is key to good reactions. Our best light this weekend was a .034 & probably averaged around a .050 something. Them lights don't cut it in this class & contributed to our second place this time out.

Now, take our 1st race. Our worst light in eliminations was a .024, followed by a .006, .003 & .001 in the finals for the win.

The only change we made to the quad for the second race. Was a small change in base pressure in the clutch set-up!

i totally understand that speed means nothing in bracket racing. What i dont understand is how a different clutch setup is playing a roll in your reaction times? Shouldn't the slower reaction times be focused on the jockey? Im sorry if this is a dumb question. I maybe just completely over looking the obvious.

i totally understand that speed means nothing in bracket racing. What i dont understand is how a different clutch setup is playing a roll in your reaction times? Shouldn't the slower reaction times be focused on the jockey? Im sorry if this is a dumb question. I maybe just completely over looking the obvious.

We have done an extensive amount of clutch testing/R&D. The ideal clutch set-up in most scenarios is to have both the best reactions & quickest ET.

Now, getting to the Jockey? In this set-up we have to slip the clutch out manually. That's one of the problems is human inconsistency. We prefer to set-up our clutch like we do in our race only set-ups. Dump the clutch lever out & rely on our clutch set-up to do the slipping mechanically.

We always go back to what worked the best before. If we find the same results, slow reactions. Then we have other ways to quicken the reaction times either in the clutch set-up or other methods.