Sign in to follow this  
Honda863

Suspension geometry??

3 posts in this topic

I'm new with this stuff and am building a hill shooter/ drag chassis for my puma cylinder honda. I have started the build and the plan is to make this a single a-arm chassis all out of 4130 moly. I'm looking for opinions and help on where my angle for a rear shock should be, from what I understand for dragging none of the oem setups are ideal. For the front my ideas are to have 10* of caster and I think 4-5* camber don't have all my notes in front of me to remember exactly. Any info is appreciated thanks in advance.

do a dual a-arm.  unless its smooth sailing pretty much all the time..   the more rake you ahve in the front the better it will ride.  also as long as the fron geo lines up good also is important.  i have seen some very sketchy shit out there last few years.  and no  letting off at 80mph and the frame wants to shake or take a left turn is NOT normal...  andd of course single a-arm setup with more than 1-2" travel in the nose dosent work either. 

rear geo is a li ltricky  only a few have gotten it right.  if you read a lot about street and offroad stuff you can start to relate a lot of that info to the build.. ( maybe)  if you want  pm me and i can tell you the best rear geo i have ridden or seen.  worst thing is the design was changed for the newer chassis's and its messed up again ( wheelie to easy)